Shoutcast

broadcastmyself
Administrator
Place to discuss about Shoutcast related topics
BroadcastMySelf

Re: Shoutcast

rwoody
Is your app built out on Shoutcast Version 1 or Version 2?  I'm not able to connect with Version 1 so I was assuming that might be the case.  Is it possible to add V1 to the list and designated it in settings?

Thanks in advance

Re: Shoutcast

broadcastmyself
Administrator
It should work with both shoutcast versions, could you please give us the shoucast configuration file and the settings you use on the app ?
BroadcastMySelf

Re: Shoutcast

rwoody
Sorry for the delay in response - been crazy busy -

My settings are very "special" can we converse via email, as I would like to discuss with you a custom version of your app along with the possibility of you doing some consulting for my company.

What is the best way to reach you?

Ruth
df

Re: Shoutcast

df
Hi,

I'm not able to work with Shoutcast v1 server, either.

Please try it with myradiostream.com server.

Re: Shoutcast

broadcastmyself
Administrator
Hi,

I'm currently investigating this issue, I will publish a fix soon.
BroadcastMySelf

Re: Shoutcast

broadcastmyself
Administrator
Just uploaded a new version. The Shoutcast authentication issues should be fixed. Tried with severals servers.
BroadcastMySelf
df

Re: Shoutcast

df
Hi,

It works well on mystreamradio.com server! thank you!

But I already moved to caster.fm server (Icecast v2). ;-)
df

Re: Shoutcast

df
mystreamradio.com -> myradiostream.com
jk

Re: Shoutcast

jk
Hi
I am finally able to connect to Shoutcast using BroadcastMyself.  However, The sound coming out of a computer is really, really speeded up.  Any Ideas about what we should do?
Thank you for your help!

Re: Shoutcast

Kinneas
I had that happen to a few tracks of mine. I think they were not encoded at 128k.
---

I love this app. : standing ovation : And. That does not even begin to express how much I enjoy it.

I have not figured out how to use the, Metadata Template correctly.  Our Shoutcast provider (Makeavoice.com) is not understanding or displaying, ' Song' of 'Artist' information.

Q: Can one add other information to display: 'DJ', 'Bitrate', 'Listeners'?